The people of Northeast and Bengal are struggling against the Citizenship Amendment Bill the Modi government which it is trying to push trough hastily to impose its saffronization. All of us should raise the question: if all Hindus, Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists, Christians and Parsis who are forced to migrate from Pakisthan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh etc can be given Indian citizenship, why not the Muslims? Out of the large number of people who were forced to migrate from Bangladesh to Northeast, about half are Hindus and remaining Muslims. Modi govt wants to give citizenships to all Hindus, not to Muslims, thus creating conditions to in which millions of Muslims are going to become stateless! Same policy was followed in the case of the Rohingya refugees who were thrown out of Myanmar also. Instead of finding a political solution to these migrants’ question involving the state governments and political representatives from the Northeast and Bengal, Modi government and the BJP government in Assam are trying to saffronize the question, endangering the whole region. All democratic forces should raise their vice and campaign to defeat the Citizenship Amendment Bill moved by the Modi government.
Latest from Kabeer Katlat
- Modi’s speech and his FM’s explanations totally sideline the starving poor.
- The Politics of People's War and On Using of Parliamentary Struggle (Bengla) - Alik Chakraborty
- Observe 75th anniversary of defeat of Hitler fascism and end of the 2nd World War!
- ICOR Resolution: 75 Years Victory over Fascism.
- Learning from Lenin: What does it mean today? - K N Ramachandran