As apprehended, according to reports, the first phase of elections on 11th April witnessed widespread malfunctioning of the EVMs in many places where elections took place. The second phase of elections on 18th April also proved that EVMs are faulty and they cannot be relied on. For the last one decade CPI(ML) Red Star is demanding that EVMS should be replaced with the ballot system as done in vast majority of the countries. It is a good sign that all the opposition parties are also upholding this view now. But the Election Commission is adamant to persist with them and was not ready even to increase the number of VVPATs till the Supreme Court intervened. Still the demand to use 50% VVPATS is not accepted. There are reports that this system is also malfunctioning in many areas delaying the election process. The common feature is that everywhere EVMs are favouring BJP, that is even when button is pressed for a non-BJP party, vote goes to Lotus symbol! It itself shows the extent of malpractice and that it favours the ruling party. In our Election Manifesto we have demanded that:”Since the possibility of insertion of malicious software in EVMs and manipulation of voting preferences being already proved, immediately we should return to the ballot system”. In view of widespread complaints about EVMs, CPI(ML) Red Star reiterates this demand. n
Latest from Kabeer Katlat
- COVID 19 AND HUNGER - GAUTAM CHAUDHURI
- ON EMERGING POST-PANDEMIC GLOBAL POLITICAL-ECONOMIC TRENDS - PJ JAMES
- COVID-19, AMPHAN LIKE PANDEMICS AND CALAMITIES ARE NOT ACCIDENTAL; THEY ARE RESULTS OF PLUNDER OF NATURE BY CAPITALIST IMPERIALIST SYSTEM!
- AN APPEAL TO REVOLUTIONARY LEFT ORGANIZATIONS IN INDIA
- CPI (ML) RED STAR DEMANDS TO CENTRAL GOVT: DECLARE IT NATIONAL CALAMITY AND EXTEND IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE!