Though Urjit Patel was handpicked by Modi, following Demonetisation, the contradiction between RBI governor and the BJP regime has been mounting as the latter was violating all established norms regarding the autonomy of the Central Bank. However, the immediate provocation behind Urjit's sudden resignation seems to be the attempt to bring RBI under direct saffron stranglehold with the super-imposition of RSS ideologue as its Board member including his highhandedness.
Latest from Super User
- Land for Tiller! Conference of Declaration for Right of Farm Land and Housing
- Greetings to Bindu and Kanaka Durga
- Twenty days passed after the young miners in Meghalaya are trapped in coal mines
- Remembering Kizhvenmani Martyrs
- Strive Hard to Build Powerful Communist Party Capable of Leading Peoples Movements.