Rally and public meeting were organized at Abhanpur on 31st May on the occasion of 29th anniversary of martyrdom of com. Ramesh Parida. In 1990 the workers of various factories near Abhanpur had organized strike demanding better wages, job protection and permanent jobs. Police as part of its suppressive acts arrested the TUCI leaders and took them to Abhanpur police lock up. Demanding their release the workers organized police station gherao, which was fired upon by the police during which com Parida became martyr. All speakers addressing the meeting pointed out that under Modi rule even the rights won by the workers are snatched away, and a very dangerous situation is created by the Modi government which is pursuing saffron fascist policies to speed up the neo-liberal corporate policies which are impoverishing the working class. A more organized countrywide movement is required to beat back these attacks and to advance the interests of the working class and all other toiling masses. n
Latest from Kabeer Katlat
- Modi-2 Strikes at Constitutional Foundations of Indian State: Should We Not Challenge it?
- Not to NRC/Assam, No to NPR, Citizenship is fundamental right of all residents and everyone born in India!
- What is happening to our apex court? People have a right to know!
- Proposed Citizenship (Amendments) Bill Unconstitutional, Reject it!
- Repeal NRC, Assam; No To NPR; All Residents, All Born In India Are Its Citizens!