Severely Condemn Arrest; immediately and Unconditionally release all arrested intellectuals and activists - CPI (ML) Red Star
This fascistic move on the part of the saffron regime is part of a multi-pronged strategy of winning the 2019 elections by checking the fast-declining popularity of Modi (the case is reportedly relating to a plot to kill Modi) and polarizing the Hindutva-communal votes in his favour. Obviously, all the people who have been arrested and intimidated are well-known intellectuals whose positions on political and social issues are open and publicly known. At a time when saffron terrorist outfits like Sanatan Sanstha’s involvement in the murder of Gauri Lankesh is coming out in the open, the arrest of these progressive intellectuals based on cooked up charges is for diverting people’s attention away from real facts.
We severely condemn these arrests and ask the central and state governments to unconditionally release these well- known intellectuals after dropping all false charges framed against them.
K N Ramachandran
CPI (ML) Red Star.
Latest from Super User
- Land for Tiller! Conference of Declaration for Right of Farm Land and Housing
- Greetings to Bindu and Kanaka Durga
- Twenty days passed after the young miners in Meghalaya are trapped in coal mines
- Remembering Kizhvenmani Martyrs
- Strive Hard to Build Powerful Communist Party Capable of Leading Peoples Movements.