The participants of the ICOR (International Coordination of Revolutionary Parties and Organisations) Middle East & North Africa Conference held on 28 and 29 September 2019 in Beirut declare the following Resolution:
- For decades the Middle East and North Africa have been a center of imperialist aggression as a result of the rich natural resources and its geopolitical importance. We strongly reject any imperialist interference in the region. We did agree that we take no side but the side of the working class and the broad masses of the oppressed in their resistance and struggle for liberated societies.
- There are significant movements for national liberation and revolution in the Middle East and North Africa. We recognize and encourage the efforts of the Kurdish and Palestinian peoples to mutually support each others‘ struggles. Their struggles are of strategic importance to the region and the world. We support the demand to include a multi-ethnic, multi-religious, autonomous administration in the constitutional committee in Syria.
- We stand beside the Palestinian resistance against the Zionist occupation and reiterate our support to the national rights of Palestinian people and on top of that the right to return with respect to Resolution 194.
- We stand beside the Kurdish struggle against the fascist Turkish state and its imperialist allies.
- The struggle for a liberated Middle East and North Africa is inseparable from the struggles all over the world. The struggles and strikes of the workers movement from Peru to Australia, armed liberation struggles in various parts of the world and the struggles of environmental activists are among the struggles that need our participation and solidarity. They have the common enemy in the imperialist world system. To overcome this enemy we must organize across borders.
- The liberation of women in party building, class struggle and for a liberated society is the answer to double exploitation and oppression of the masses of the women. This was underestimated in the left and communist parties and there is still a lot of work to do. We recognize the important role of women. This became very visible in various struggles in the region, in particular among revolutionaries in North and East Syria and Palestine. Also, women played an active, equal and leading role in this conference alongside comrades.
- We have to fight chauvinism, which is the poison of the imperialist forces and reactionary and colonialist regimes to divide the working class and all the oppressed.
- The threat due to imperialism and fascist regimes urges us to unite and join forces with all anti-imperialists and anti-fascist forces in a united front. ILPS and ICOR have taken important steps in forming such a front and call all on anti-imperialist, anti-fascist forces to join.
- Socialist societies are the bright goal of the efforts of the Marxist-Leninist and revolutionary forces. To reach this goal the building of well-organized, well-prepared revolutionary and Marxist-Leninist parties is of crucial importance.
- The conference was held in a productive spirit. The culture of debate was based on respect for each others‘ opinion and experiences, solidarity and overcoming differences despite all the questions that remain to be resolved.
- Youth played an active role in organizing the conference and contributing to its success.
- The participating parties and organizations agreed to boost internationalist solidarity and continue working together to expand revolutionary work with mass movements and revolutions.
- The conference agrees to organize more events like this in the future.
Signatories: 1. CPI (ML) Red Star – Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Red Star; 2. LCP – Lebanese Communist Party; 3. MMLPL – Moroccan Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Line; 4. MLKP – Marxist-Leninist Communist Party of Turkey/Kurdistan; 5. MLPD – Marxist-Leninist Party of Germany; 6. Newroz Social and Cultural Association; 7. PFLP – The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine; 8. PPDS – Patriotic Democratic Socialist Party Tunisia; 9. RCP –Revolutionary Communist Party Egypt; 10. TKP-ML – Communist Party of Turkey - Marxist-Leninist. n
International condemnation of Turkey's war of aggression in violation of international law!
Currently Erdogan has started his war of aggression against Rojava/Northeast Syria with his fascist state and army in violation of international law:
Participate in the international day of solidarity tomorrow, day X, 10 October as international day of solidarity
and in the worldwide protests on 12 October 2019!
The imperialist plans must not work out!
Regarding Rojava the ICOR resolution of January 2019 states: “The democratic construction in Rojava/Northern Syria stands for the successful fight against the IS/Daesh, for democracy and freedom, women’s rights, environmental protection, respect for all ethnic groups and religions. (...) The international solidarity in turn stands for unswerving solidarity and inclusion of the Kurdish liberation struggle in the worldwide struggle against imperialism.”
Erdogan is planning an ethnic cleansing and the destruction of the lived struggle for freedom and democracy, women's liberation and ecological life and its close connection with the international liberation struggle for national and social liberation.
The present attack also means the threat of a direct confrontation of several imperialist forces from which a military conflict with worldwide impact can develop.
The Self-Defense Forces of the QSD (Democratic Forces of Syria) are absolutely determined to defend Rojava. International solidarity is needed – it was already once an essential part of the success in the liberation of Kobanê.
No liberation struggle may stand alone and isolated! Right from the beginning the ICOR has stood by the side of the liberation struggle in Rojava. It has mobilized for worldwide days of solidarity and organized practical solidarity work by building the “ICOR clinic” in Kobanê.
The struggle for freedom and democracy must be led against all imperialists as an anti-imperialist struggle. In order to eliminate imperialism and its wars of aggression, a liberated democratic and socialist world has to be achieved by struggle.
Hands off Rojava!
For the right of self-determination and the international recognition of the democratic self-administration of Northeast Syria!
International condemnation of Turkey's war of aggression!
For freedom, democracy and socialism!
The Asian Committee meeting of the ICOR attended by CPI(ML) Red Star, Communist Party of Bangladesh and Communist Party of Nepal (Mashal) held on 4th September in India has adopted the following resolutions and have sent them to all ICOR member organizations for their signature:
Resolution on Kashmir
We condemn the recent actions of the Indian Government on Kashmir. The act of amending Article 370 of the Constitution of India in such a manner so as to remove the special status of Kashmir is a fraud on the Indian Constitution and on all the democratic people of India. We assert once again the right of the people of Kashmir, as a part of the right of self determination, to decide their own future. We demand that a free and fair plebiscite be held immediately to allow the people of Kashmir to decide whether they want to be with India or with Pakistan or independent. We demand that the oppressive military presence in Kashmir be immediately removed. It is shameful that millions of people are being kept in a position as if in a vast open air jail. Phone communication and internet must be immediately restored to allow the people or Kashmir to live a normal life. We call upon all democratic minded people all over the world to bring pressure on the Indian Government for this.
Resolution on NCR
The Indian Governments exercise of rewriting the citizenship registers for India is strongly condemned. It not only goes against the right of refugees to seek protection from oppression and genocide in their own countries but also denies persons who have been citizens for decades from exercising their rights. This is only another instance of communal fascism in trying to oppress persons from minority communities. We call upon all democratic minded people all over the world to come out and demand that the Indian Government give up this exercise and give all citizens equal rights. n