2) Election held in Nepal was of two types: centre and provincial ones At the centre level the election took place of direct and proportional election of the members of the parliament. The members of the provincial assembly also were elected in the same way. The direct methods mean election by people directly while proportional method means vote to the party and nomination of the member of the parliament or provincial legislative by party.
3) According the federal system of Nepal, the country is divided into 7 provinces which are called Pradesh in Nepali. Our party through our legal front, National People’s Front (NPF), also had participated in both central and provincial elections. We have won 1 seat in the parliament and Comrade Durga Paudel is elected as member of parliament by direct method from Pyuthan. To other Comrades, Com. Krishna Thapa and Com. Tek Bahadur Gharti are elected from Baglung for provincial assembly by direct method. Because of newly established system of threshold of 3 percentages we have not succeeded to gain even a single seat in the parliament by proportional method. However, in the Pradesh no 4 and Pradesh No 5, we have gained one member in each Pradesh by proportional method.
4) On the eve of the election both CPN (UML) and CPN (Moist Centre) had formed Alliance, Left Alliance (LA) . They also have declared that after the election they will form a united communist party. We do not think that they will be able to form a united communist party as both of them are revisionist ones. In spite of that if they get united, it will be possible for them to make a stable govt and to apply some progress-ive policies and progarmmes. But it is not an easy task as both domestic and foreign powers will try their best to foil their govt .and their policies. Because of many of constitutional loop wholes they have not been able to form their government at and the government led by Nepali Congress is pushing many obstacles to form the government. As the govt. of the leftist forces is not formed at, the political picture of the country is not clear yet we shall write more after the govt. is formed.
With revolutionary greetings,
Nepal Communist Party (Mashal)
Latest from Super User
- Observe 12th December as No to CAB, No To NCR Day, Burn CAB Copies.
- Fake Encounter Killing of the Four Accused in Disha’s Gang Rape
- Disha gang Rape and Murder accused assassination by Telangana State police is unacceptable fascist measure!
- CAB, Strategic Weapon Towards Hindu Rashtra
- Observe Dr. Ambedkar Day, 6th December