The people of Northeast and Bengal are struggling against the Citizenship Amendment Bill the Modi government which it is trying to push trough hastily to impose its saffronization. All of us should raise the question: if all Hindus, Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists, Christians and Parsis who are forced to migrate from Pakisthan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh etc can be given Indian citizenship, why not the Muslims? Out of the large number of people who were forced to migrate from Bangladesh to Northeast, about half are Hindus and remaining Muslims. Modi govt wants to give citizenships to all Hindus, not to Muslims, thus creating conditions to in which millions of Muslims are going to become stateless! Same policy was followed in the case of the Rohingya refugees who were thrown out of Myanmar also. Instead of finding a political solution to these migrants’ question involving the state governments and political representatives from the Northeast and Bengal, Modi government and the BJP government in Assam are trying to saffronize the question, endangering the whole region. All democratic forces should raise their vice and campaign to defeat the Citizenship Amendment Bill moved by the Modi government.
Latest from Kabeer Katlat
- Comrade Sharmistha Smarane - Remembering Comrade Sharmistha Choudhury-Bengali
- China’s Celebration of its own Brand of Imperialism in the guise of “Socialism with Chinese Characteristics” - P J James
- On the significance of Mao Tsetung Thought - K N Ramachandran
- മാവോ സെതുങ് ചിന്തക്കുള്ള പ്രാധാന്യത്തെക്കുറിച്ച് - കെ എൻ രാമചന്ദ്രൻ
- Impact of Emerging Trends in Agriculture and Task of Sustaining Peasant Farming - P J James