The irrationality of present regulations can be gauged from the fact that someone who retired in 1996 is eligible to 53% less pension than someone who retired after 2006. Such anomalies are not accidental but a result of the money grubbing attitude of a government that looks upon every welfare measure as a useless expenditure and reserves its largesse solely for big business. At a time when the existing welfare institutions and social security network in general are fast being dismantled, denying legitimate pension claims to retired service personnel is nothing less than criminal negligence of their right to live.
The Central Committee of the CPI (ML) Red Star in its meeting has wholeheartedly supported the demand of the ex-servicemen. It has called on all party committees to support this struggle at all India level in the context when the ex-servicemen’s organization is preparing to spread the struggle to all states.
Latest from Super User
- Observe 12th December as No to CAB, No To NCR Day, Burn CAB Copies.
- Fake Encounter Killing of the Four Accused in Disha’s Gang Rape
- Disha gang Rape and Murder accused assassination by Telangana State police is unacceptable fascist measure!
- CAB, Strategic Weapon Towards Hindu Rashtra
- Observe Dr. Ambedkar Day, 6th December