But once the BJP has come to power and Modi launched the Make in India campaign, the urgency to enact it became all the more pressing for it. But as the Congress is stalling this on technical
grounds and as BJP is not having majority in the Rajya Sabha, Modi govt was making frantic efforts for enacting it. Now the possibilities for it have brightened after the elections to the five state assemblies and to the Rajya Sabha seats. A number of non- BJP state governments also have extended support for it. Even the LDF government in Kerala has extended support to it, in spite of the CPI(M) leadership’s reservations against it. In this situation, CPI(ML) Red Star calls on all progressive forces for strengthening the resistance against the GST bill which will help the MNCs and the native corporate forces while imposing additional burden over the people.
Latest from Super User
- Observe 12th December as No to CAB, No To NCR Day, Burn CAB Copies.
- Fake Encounter Killing of the Four Accused in Disha’s Gang Rape
- Disha gang Rape and Murder accused assassination by Telangana State police is unacceptable fascist measure!
- CAB, Strategic Weapon Towards Hindu Rashtra
- Observe Dr. Ambedkar Day, 6th December