When the Dr. Gadgil Committee report was published, all ruling class parties and vested interests including reformist parties, the Congress led UDF, CPI(M) led LDF and BJP had joined hand to sabotage it. Under their pressure, when the central government came out with a diluted Kasthurirangan report, even this was rejected by these forces. Day by day a number of ecology destroying projects including mining, quarrying, big hydel projects etc were taken up, in spite of opposition from the masses.
Opposing these heinous acts, the progressive forces had joined hands as reported earlier in this paper to form the Western Ghats protection Committee with units from Kerala to Gujarat. As part of this initiative, the present march organized in Kerala attracted very good support from the people. The success of this 300 kms. long march has provided new impetus to carry forward the struggle for land, livelihood, environment and a people oriented development paradigm.
Latest from Super User
- Observe 12th December as No to CAB, No To NCR Day, Burn CAB Copies.
- Fake Encounter Killing of the Four Accused in Disha’s Gang Rape
- Disha gang Rape and Murder accused assassination by Telangana State police is unacceptable fascist measure!
- CAB, Strategic Weapon Towards Hindu Rashtra
- Observe Dr. Ambedkar Day, 6th December