A Dalit convention organised under the banner of Dalit Bhoo Avakasha Samara Munnani on Sunday triggered tension with the police arresting many protesters. They were later released on bail. However, Dalit Bhoo Avakasha Samara Samiti has now decided to take the protest to the capital by beginning an indefinite strike before the Secretariat.
ISSUE DOWN THE LANE
1979: NSS applies for title deed, to occupy the common village land.
1981: Receives deed during the period of LDF Government
Jan 27, 2017: RDO demarcates the land
Feb 7, 2017: NSS starts construction of compound wall
April 14, 2017: The compound wall brought down by protestors
One-year protest going on. District Collector has declared status quo stating no further construction is to be made
21 Jan 2018: Dalit protest escalates with the issue spreading through Facebook and other social media. Protestors and media persons arrested from the site.
February 3: District Collector maintains that status quo should be followed
February 4: Dalit convention at Choondy Junction.
Latest from Super User
- Observe 12th December as No to CAB, No To NCR Day, Burn CAB Copies.
- Fake Encounter Killing of the Four Accused in Disha’s Gang Rape
- Disha gang Rape and Murder accused assassination by Telangana State police is unacceptable fascist measure!
- CAB, Strategic Weapon Towards Hindu Rashtra
- Observe Dr. Ambedkar Day, 6th December