Two companies of anti-riot Rapid Action Force (RAF) and three companies of the State Reserve Police (SRP) were deployed in the city in view of the growing protests and bandh called by Mevani. His detention evoked strong reactions from protesters. Vankar’s wife, Indu, refused to accept her husband’s body till Mevani was released by the police. By 8 pm, Mevani was released by the police as hundreds of Dalit protesters gathered outside the Gandhinagar Civil Hospital where Vankar’s body is kept in a mortuary following the post-mortem examination. Com D.K. Rathod, secretary of CPI(ML) Red Star organizing committee and other comrades arrested from Gandhi Nagar and other parts of the state were also released. Meanwhile the movement for land will be continued.
Since the authorities gave written assurance that the land to the dalit families in the district shall be distributed soon, the family and friends agreed to bury the body of Bhanu. But the resentment is growing and it will burst out again very soon.
Latest from Super User
- Observe 12th December as No to CAB, No To NCR Day, Burn CAB Copies.
- Fake Encounter Killing of the Four Accused in Disha’s Gang Rape
- Disha gang Rape and Murder accused assassination by Telangana State police is unacceptable fascist measure!
- CAB, Strategic Weapon Towards Hindu Rashtra
- Observe Dr. Ambedkar Day, 6th December