A presidium composed of comrades A Gopal Krishnan, N Senthilkumar, and A Supurathinam conducted the Conference proceedings. Com. PJ James inaugurated the Conference which was addressed by com. R Duraisamy (State Secretary of CPI(ML) Red Star) and leading comrades of the State Committee, Stalin Babu, G Kalivanan, T Nagaraj, Pichaimany, Valli, and Kuselar. Com Gopalakrishnan presented the District Report followed by discussion and election of the District Committee with A Gopalakrishnan (Secretary), Senthilkumar, Supurathinam, Sambamoorthy, Jayaraj, Umapathi, Jyothi, Chandra, and Inal as members.
Erstwhile comrades from CPI(M) and CPI(ML) Liberation disgusted with the line pursued by these parties have been in touch with CPI(ML) Red Star leaders for some time. Based on discussions at various levels, the comrades have decided to uphold the Party Program and Path of Revolution of the CPI(ML) Red Star and the line of building up Mass Political Platforms according to the concrete conditions in different states. More than hundred comrades active in mass struggles in various parts of Karur district took party membership as a prelude to the Conference.
The Conference unanimously adopted the following resolutions:
1) Against the intensifying corporate-communal offensive of the BJP regime;
2) Against privatization and disinvestment of public sector units;
3) Against laying red carpet for FDI in retail trade, railways, defence, insurance, etc.
4) Building up of ports through PPP in violation of coastal regulation laws;
5) Against the super-imposition of methane and neutrino like projects which are detrimental to environment and people’s livelihood;
6) Against the so called food security act that is damaging to PDS;
7) Against the proposed “bail-in program” aimed at plundering people’s bank deposits;
8) Against the unilateral imposition of NEET;
9) Against the arbitrary digital meter reading of electricity putting heavier burden on consumers;
10) For amicable settlement of Cauvery water dispute from the perspective of people’s interests;
11) For declaring Cauvery delta as an agricultural zone;
12) Asking the Modi regime to write off all peasant debts to banks;
13) Demanding full crop insurance coverage for farmers;
14) Demanding implementation of monthly minimum wage of Rs. 22000;
15) For protection of all water bodies and provision and conservation of clean drinking water; and
16) In solidarity with the Bhangar people’s movement.
The first meeting of the District Committee that held immediately after the Conference has decided to take up the task of party building party, class and mass organizations along with peoples’ movements with respect to the resolutions adopted by the Conference.
Latest from Super User
- Observe 12th December as No to CAB, No To NCR Day, Burn CAB Copies.
- Fake Encounter Killing of the Four Accused in Disha’s Gang Rape
- Disha gang Rape and Murder accused assassination by Telangana State police is unacceptable fascist measure!
- CAB, Strategic Weapon Towards Hindu Rashtra
- Observe Dr. Ambedkar Day, 6th December