Though Urjit Patel was handpicked by Modi, following Demonetisation, the contradiction between RBI governor and the BJP regime has been mounting as the latter was violating all established norms regarding the autonomy of the Central Bank. However, the immediate provocation behind Urjit's sudden resignation seems to be the attempt to bring RBI under direct saffron stranglehold with the super-imposition of RSS ideologue as its Board member including his highhandedness.
Latest from Super User
- Observe 12th December as No to CAB, No To NCR Day, Burn CAB Copies.
- Fake Encounter Killing of the Four Accused in Disha’s Gang Rape
- Disha gang Rape and Murder accused assassination by Telangana State police is unacceptable fascist measure!
- CAB, Strategic Weapon Towards Hindu Rashtra
- Observe Dr. Ambedkar Day, 6th December