The recently concluded general elections in Malaysia witnessed a regime change at the Federal level through ballot boxes for the first time in the history of Malaysia. The shifting of power to a new coalition of political forces has opened up democratic spaces for progressive politics, yet there are new challenges awaiting the people.
PSM participated in the general election with more candidates compared with previous elections, but it did not manage to win any seat at the Federal as well as state level. Anyhow, we hope, these electoral setbacks will not hinder its effort to build socialist alternative in Malaysia. PSM has resolved to continue to organise from below to fight for a more democratic, equitable, just and emancipative society.
PSM is also continuing to build its relationship with left-wing organisations worldwide in order to strengthen the struggle against global capitalism.
The Central Committee of the CPI(ML)Red Star extends revolutionary fraternal greetings to the 20th Annual National Congress of the PSM and hope it shall be completed successfully.
Latest from Super User
- Observe 12th December as No to CAB, No To NCR Day, Burn CAB Copies.
- Fake Encounter Killing of the Four Accused in Disha’s Gang Rape
- Disha gang Rape and Murder accused assassination by Telangana State police is unacceptable fascist measure!
- CAB, Strategic Weapon Towards Hindu Rashtra
- Observe Dr. Ambedkar Day, 6th December